Whether you are the equity owner of a commercial office building or the property manager of a fitness center where equipment damage and onsite employee injuries can commonly occur, you need to do more than knock on wood.
Commercial Property Insurance You Can Trust
You need to be certain you have the commercial property insurance coverage that will protect and assist with any loses that occur.
There are many other risks, such as when a fire, theft or another type of disaster strikes your commercial business, and its people.
While protection is important to you, you still want a business insurance policy at a reasonable price, and a commercial insurance agent that well sit down and assist you in creating a plan to make sure your business needs are covered when the inevitable occasionally happens.
Broad Insurance Protection
Commercial property insurance can help protect the property your business owns and leases, including things like medical equipment, inventory, furniture and fixtures.
It also help cover the things you might not think of, like protection for your accounts receivable records and or computers and media. There is even an option that can help replace lost income when your operations are suspended and can no longer operate due to a covered loss.
Customized Commercial Business Insurance Coverages
Unlike the traditional business insurance agencies that only offer you one insurance provider’s options, we at Mahar Insurance agency broker various brands and types of commercial property insurance.
The result, we can custom tailor the coverage options of all of them to ensure we deliver the business property insurance policies that is a perfect fit for you and your business.
Best of all, we only work with the commercial business insurance providers that make buying and filing a business property insurance claim fast and simple.
In addition to Business Property Insurance consider these coverage options:
- Business Income
This coverage allows you to continue to receive income while your property and its contents are being rebuilt and replaced. Business income not only helps you cover operating expenses needed to keep a business going after a loss, but it also could replace lost rents.
- Tenant Move Back Coverage
Tenants Move-Back covers costs for tenants to return to your property after being temporarily relocated if a fire, windstorm or other hazard damages or destroys your Commercial Real Estate property.
- Buildings – Replacement Cost
Building Ordinance Coverage covers the increased cost to comply with a building ordinance or law when you repair or remodel the building after a natural disaster or other catastrophe.
A few Commercial Business Insurance Providers We Carry
While we have several commercial property insurance provider options for you, one of the companies we most enjoy working with is Travelers.
This is because, in and around the Michiana area, there are a lot of unique and niche businesses and manufacturers.
Travelers truly understands the unique needs of specialized industries.
Travelers offers a commercial business property insurance package called “IndustryEdge®“, which is specially design to meet the need of commercial real estate owners, as well as, business / property managers.
IndustryEdge® delivers industry-specific underwriting, risk control analysis and claim service tailored to the nuances of today’s real estate industry.
Again, this commercial property insurance is designed to meet the specialized insurance needs of direct owners of real property as well as firms that manage the property of others.
Target properties include:
- Industrial buildings
- Office buildings
- Shopping centers & malls
And, to minimize risk further – Travelers offers specialized loss prevention and claims services to further enhance their abilities to provide expert business insurance coverage.
What about global businesses, according to Federico Petersen, President of Petersen International Consulting, 62% of the businesses that conduct global transaction in Indiana and Michigan do not have adequate commercial property insurance.
If your business requires international travel, or transports and/or engages in commerce of any kind overseas, Travelers Insurance offers coverage options available to address these exposures.
Protecting and Supporting Michigan and Indiana Businesses
Every year Mahar Insurance helps guide business owners, and their managers in finding the right commercial insurance coverage, building the perfect business insurance policy, and doing it all at a great price.
Here are a few of the types of businesses we gladly serve:
Office Professionals / Business Office Insurance
- Accounting Services
- Advertising Agencies
- Financial Consultants or Planners
- Graphic Artists/Designers/Illustrators
- Insurance Agents
- Messaging/Communication Services
- Real Estate Appraisers
- Tax Return Preparation
- Transcription/Translation/Interpreter Service
- Travel Agencies (not conducting tours)
Food Shops and Stores
- Bakeries – Retail
- Meat – Seafood Markets
- Candy & Confectionery Store
- Specialty Food Shops
- Coffee & Tea Stores
- Donut Shop/Bagel Shop
- Ice Cream/Yogurt/Juice Stores
Medical Office Professionals
- Massage Therapist/Acupressure/Reflexology
- Physical/Occupational Therapists
- Psychologists – Mental Health Counseling
- Barber Shop, Beauty Salons and Day Spas
- Cosmetic Stores
- Art & Craft Supplies Stores
- Bicycle Sales & Service
- Book Stores and Newsstands
- Bridal Shops
- Camera Store
- Ceramic & Pottery Dealers
- CD/DVD/Videotapes – Rentals and Sales Only
- Clothing Store
- Fabric Stores
- Formal Wear-Rental
- Gift, Card & Stationery Stores
- Hearing Aid Stores
- Hobby, Trophy & Framing Stores
- Leather Goods stores (excluding coats)
- Novelties & Costume Jewelry
- Shoe Stores
- Sporting Goods Stores
- Toy Stores
- Appliances and Accessories – Installation, Service, or Repair – Residential, Light Commercial
- Carpet, Rug, Furniture, or Upholstery Cleaning – On Customers’ Premises
- Electrical Work – Within Buildings – Residential, Light Commercial
- Fence Erection Contractors
- Furniture or Fixtures – Installation, Service or Repair – Residential, Light Commercial
- Heating or Combined Heating and Air Conditioning Systems or Equipment
- Interior Decorator – Includes Home Staging
- Painting Contractors – Residential, Light Commercial
- Plumbing – Residential, Light Commercial